If there will a law book for Home Remedies then the first law would be “Try Ginger whenever you have cough, cold, sore throat or you are experiencing nausea or sickness”. Ginger has a lot of nutrients and bio-active compounds that have medicinal qualities. In treating cold and cough no other medicine can beat it.
Ginger has one another benefit which goes less noticed by the people is the effectiveness it has as an anti-inflammatory.
It helps in blocking certain types of inflammatory compounds and the antioxidant present in it helps in breaking down the existing inflammation by interacting with the acidity in the fluid between joints. The anti-inflammatory properties of Ginger does not have the risk of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which most of the other inflammatory drugs have.
In India Ginger is commonly used in many foods and drinks. Here we will discuss some of the ways in which we can use Ginger in our food and drinks :
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tea leaves, for every cup
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- Take a pan a put 3 cups of water.
- Before the water begins to boil add Ginger in the water.
- As the water starts boiling add the tea leaves , lemon juice and honey in the water.
- After few minutes strain the tea in a cup and Enjoy.
Ginger Tulsi Tea
- 3 cup Water
- 1 cup Milk
- 6 tsp Tea Leaves store bought
- 10-12 Tulsi Leaves
- 1-1/2 tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 tbsp Lemongrass chopped
- 5 tsp Honey
- Wash the lemongrass and Tulsi leaves with clean water and then chop them together. And Grate or crush ginger using Mortle.
- Now take a sauce pan and put water in it. Once the water starts boiling put tea leaves,tulsi leaves, ginger and lemongrass at medium to high heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add milk in it and boil for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- Strain it in tea pot.
- Pour in cups add honey as per your taste and mix.
Ginger tea recipe
- 3 cup Water
- Grated Ginger
- Lemon Juice
- Take 3 cup of water in a pan.
- Start boiling water and add grated ginger in it.
- Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add juice from a lemon, and add honey for taste.
- Serve in cup and enjoy.