Dry skin is associated with uncomfortable conditions marked by scaling, itching, and cracking. It will occur for a spread of reasons. you would possibly have naturally dry skin. however notwithstanding your skin tends to be oily, you’ll be able to develop dry skin from time to time.
Dry skin will have an effect on any part of your body. It unremarkably affects hands, arms, and legs. In several cases, way changes and over-the-counter moisturizers are also all you wish to treat it. If those treatments aren’t enough, you must contact your doctor.
Types of Dry Skin
When something comes in contact with the skin it causes localized inflammation.
When the skin is exposed to an irritating chemical agent, such as bleach irritant contact dermatitis can occur.
When is exposed to a substance which is allergic to the body such as nickel then allergic contact dermatitis may occur.
This type of dermatitis occurs when the body generates produce too much oil, as a result, it creates a red and scaly rash which usually occurs on the scalp. This type of dermatitis is common in infants.
It is also known as eczema. It’s a chronic skin condition that creates dry patches to appear on the skin. It is most common in children.
Dry Skin Treatment
The treatment set up can rely upon the reason for the dry skin in some cases doctor could discuss with a medical specialist or a skin specialist. Ointments and creams could also be prescribed to treat the symptoms.
Also Read:REASON BEHIND YOUR BAD BREATH
Tips To Improve Your Dry Skin
- Avoid using hot water to bath
- Use a moisturizing soap when you bathe or shower
- Don’t be in the shower more than 10 min
- Path with soft towel
- Apply moisturizer immediately after bathing or showering
- Avoid itching or scrubbing too much dry skin patches
- Drink lots of water
Dry skin symptoms
- A feeling of skin tightness, especially after showering, bathing or
- Deep cracks that may bleed.
- Itching (pruritus)
- Gray, ashy skin.
- Skin that feels and looks rough.
- Fine lines or cracks.
- Slight to severe flaking, scaling or peeling.
Causes of dry skin all over body
- Weather: In winter the skin tends dry more than any other season. Use moisturizers and ointments if required.
- Heat: Heat tends to decrease the humidity and dry your skin.
- Hot baths showers: Taking a long hot shower will dry your skin.
- Soap and Detergents: Many soap and detergents take all the required moisture from the skin which creates dry skin.
Food for Dry Skin
- Sweet potatoes
- Nuts and seeds
- Spinach Photo Credit: Istock.
- Grilled fish
Best cream for Dry Skin
- The Dewy Skin Cream
- Lala Retro Whipped Moisturizer with Ceramides
- Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
- Total Effects Whip Fragrance-Free Facial Moisturizer
- Versed Skin Soak Rich Moisture Cream
- 24/7 Moisture Hydrating Day & Night Cream
- The Rich Cream
Dry skin is sometimes harmless. however once it isn’t cared for, dry skin could lead to:
- Atopic dermatitis (eczema). If you are vulnerable to develop this condition, excessive status will cause activation of
- The sickness, inflicting redness, cracking, and inflammation.
- Infections. Dry skin could crack, permitting microorganisms to enter, inflicting infections.