What are sanitary pads?
A sanitary pad, sanitary towel, sanitary pad, menstrual pad, or pad is an absorbent merchandise worn within the underwear when menstruating, bleeding after giving delivery, recovering from gynecologic surgical procedure, experiencing a miscarriage or abortion, or in some other scenario the place it’s essential to soak up a circulation of blood from the vagina.
A menstrual pad is a kind of female hygiene product that’s worn externally, not like tampons and menstrual cups, that are worn contained in the vagina.
The pad must be modified on a number of occasions in 24 hours relying on whether or not menstrual circulation is heavy or gentle.
During this time, women do not have complete control over their bodies, due to which the discharge from the uterus can happen anytime, whether they are on the road, sitting, standing, or not doing anything.
The discharge of the blood causes stains on the clothes of women and it also poses a risk of disease, because there is also the risk of worms and allergy on the skin, so sanitary pads are used by women to prevent the spread of the disease and stay fresh.
This post is for all those women who are wearing sanitary pads for the first time or who are interested to know what is the best way to wear sanitary pads.
Types of sanitary pads
Let’s first take a look at the various types of sanitary pads so it will get simpler so that you can decide.
1. Organic Cotton Sanitary Pad
Nice for ladies with latex allergic reactions, as natural cotton pads are product of pure merchandise and are free from chemical compounds and bleaches.
2. Cloth Sanitary Pad
These eco-friendly sanitary pads are made of sentimental material and will be reused after a wash, though the hygiene requirements are questionable.
3. Reusable Sanitary Pad
Reusable menstrual pads also called washable pads include a slit within the heart for inserting absorbent liners. They’re an eco-friendly various as they needn’t be disposed of and will be reused.
4. Common and Heavy Move Sanitary Pad
A daily pad is right for regular circulation and has a lighter construct. It’s finest for ladies preferring to vary each few hours no matter the circulation. However, heavy circulation pads are bulkier with additional absorption energy and aspect wings.
Best Sanitary Pads
- PINQ Bulk Me Field – 40 Premium Cotton Really feel Extremely Slim Sanitary Pads.
- Paree Plus 30 Sanitary Pads – XL (with multipurpose wipes).
- Sirona Extremely–Skinny & Pure Sanitary Pads Black Color – Small.
- Sofy Antibacterial Further Lengthy Sanitary Pads Worth Pack.
- Whisper Extremely Nights Sanitary Pads (XXXL Wings).
Best sanitary pads for sensitive skin
How to use Sanitary Pads?
Before using any Sanitary Pads, see the following things about Sanitary Pads:
Take care of these things before buying a sanitary pad
Soaking capacity: The higher the soaking capacity of the sanitary pad, the better the sanitary pad. When choosing a sanitary pad, get information about the absorbency of the sanitary pad.
Thickness of sanitary pads: Before using sanitary pads, the thickness of sanitary pads should be checked. Sanitary pads come in different sizes in the market. So choose the same sanitary pad that is good for your size.
What are sanitary pads made of
Different types of pads for periods
- Disposable pads. Most pads have a sticky strip alongside the underside.
- Reusable pads. These pads are washed after every time you put on them.
Who invented sanitary pads?
India’s Menstrual Man. Arunachalam Muruganantham was obsessive about making the right sanitary pad for his spouse. After years of labor, his invention has modified the lives of tens of millions of girls in India.
Wearing two pads at once
When you have a really heavy circulation, you’ll be able to put on two pads to keep away from any embarrassment. However for those who do have quick access to a washroom, then altering repeatedly could be a greater possibility.
How to put sanitary pads
Keep these points in mind when using sanitary pads:
- Fold the wings of the sanitary pad inward
- The center of the sanitary pad will have a paper-like thing behind it. There is glue behind this paper, fold the wings inward and touch it to the center so that a little glue is applied to the wings also. Now straighten the wings.
- After this, place the sanitary pad in the middle strip of your undergarment so that it comes directly under your vagina. Remember that the glue part is below. Now rotate the wings of the sanitary pad to the back of the undergarment.
- Now wear undergarments. The sanitary pad will soak up blood whenever there is bleeding.
Keep these things in mind when using sanitary pads:
- Use sanitary pads only when it is necessary, remember that your vagina also needs fresh air, so use pads only when necessary.
- Do not use the same sanitary pad for long. Try to change it in about 6-8 hours interval.
- If you have a skin allergy, avoid using the sanitary pad with scent, otherwise it can increase the allergy further.
- Avoid using cloth instead of a sanitary pad. The use of clothes can cause diseases.
- While going out, always carry one or two sanitary pads in your purse, they can be used in an emergency.
Can wearing a sanitary pad for too long make you sick?
Yes of course if the pads are not replaced after several hours the infection can start.
Can you wear a sanitary pad for 8 hours?
Try changing your sanitary pad four times a day as it can help reduce the chances of skin irritation and infection. Do not use sanitary pads for more than 6-7 hours.
Do sanitary pads expire?
Yes, like everything, pads also have expiry dates.
How soon can you finish your menstrual period or period?
It is a natural process. Do not try to replace it with any medicine. Just eat fresh vegetables and fruits and be happy it is not a disease, it is just a biological process.
Should I change my sanitary pad if there is no blood?
Yes of course because blood can cause skin irritation and infection during menstruation.
What happens when you wear a pad too long?
Menstrual blood is contaminated and sporting a moist pad for lengthy is unhygienic and may result in illnesses equivalent to pores and skin rashes, urinary tract infection, and vaginal infection. Ideally, you ought to change your pad every six hours but when you have a heavy circulation, then you might have to vary it extra usually.
Can you get an infection from wearing a pad too long?
If you happen to do not change your pads steadily (not less than each 6-8 hours), you are rather more liable to develop rashes and vaginal yeast infections with the aspect impact of dangerous odor. Irrespective of how gentle your circulation is, it is at all times protected to vary your pad.
Also know: What Are Periods?
Is it bad to wear a pad every day?
If you don’t change your pads steadily (not less than each 6-8 hours), you’re rather more liable to develop rashes and vaginal yeast infections with the aspect impact of dangerous odor. Irrespective of how gentle your circulation is, it is at all times protected to vary your pad.
Is it bad to wear a pad when not on period?