It is usually recommended to gain weight for the people who are underweight and also bodybuilders and athletes also gain weight by building muscle. In the united states from the year 1988 to 2008, the number of underweight decreased by 3 percent.
A person is with underweight have the following health issues:
- Developmental delays
- Week immune system
Food that helps to gain weight quickly
- Milk: Milk is an excellent source of calcium and vitamins. Milk containing protein is a good choice for people trying to build muscles. In one of the study, it has been shown that drinking skim milked help to build muscles more effectively than soy-based product. Milk also offers a mixture of fat and carbohydrate which is an important source of weight gain.
- Protein Shakes: Protein shakes are one of the best sources of gaining weight and build muscles one can have the shakes if drunk shortly after a workout but also to remember that the shakes are pre-made contains sugar and other products that should be avoided.
- Red Meat: Red meat is a rich source of fats and protein which is required for building muscles and promote weight gain. Studies have shown that adding red meat to the diet about 18 percent of women had gained weight.
- Salmon: Salmon is a rich source of healthy fats and about 6 salmon contains 240 calories which can be used for the person looking to gain weight.
- Avocados: Rich in fats and calories with some mixture of minerals and vitamins.
- Dried Fruit: Rich in nutrients and calories. Easily available online or in local markets.
- Dark Chocolate: Rich in fats and calories it also contains antioxidants that are good for the skin one looking for the chocolate should look for the chocolate that has a cacao content of at least 70 percent.
- Eggs: Rich source of fats and protein and other nutrients. The yolk contains most of the nutrients.
- Cheese: Good source of fats, protein, and calories. A person looking for the gain weight should look for full-fat cheese.
- Yogurt: Yogurt with full fat are also rich in protein and nutrients. One should floured yogurt as it contains added sugar.
Sample Meal Plan:
- 1/2 cup milk with 1/2 cup raisins with 1 cup oatmeal.
- 1 cup of orange juice
- 1 cup black coffee
- Large Sandwich combination of turkey, tomatoes, mustard, tomato slices wrapped in whole grain bread.
- One sweet baked potato with a brush of butter.
- Salmon filet
- Mashed potato with butter.
- Glass of wine.
- Wheat dinner roll.