Cough and Cold can be caused by a bacterial or viral infection, allergies, sinus infection, or cold, but in our country, people do not go to doctors for every problem. Many such home remedies are hidden in our kitchen, which helps to cure minor diseases like cough and cold.
Here in this post we are going to discuss what are the Home Remedy for Cough and Cold available in your kitchen
Cardamom and Honey Brew
In the common cold, people usually have difficulty in breathing. Decoction can also be prepared by mixing cardamom and honey in case of respiratory problems. A small amount of ground black pepper can also be added to it.
The anti-oxidant elements present in this decoction reduce the risk of heart disease.
To make it :
- Heat two cups of water in a pot on a low flame
- Mix half a teaspoon of cardamom powder in it and boil for 10 minutes.
- Then add honey to it.
Brew of celery and Jaggery
Celery helps a lot in correcting the digestive system and also removes problems like gas or indigestion. Drinking this decoction eliminates the problem of cough and stomachache.
To make it :
- Boil a glass of water thoroughly.
- When the water starts boiling well, add a little Jaggery and half a teaspoon of celery.
- When the water becomes half then filter it and drink it.
Ginger and salt
If there will a law book for Home Remedies then the first law would be “Try Ginger whenever you have cough, cold, sore throat or you are experiencing nausea or sickness”.
Cut ginger into small pieces and add salt to it. Eat it the ginger juice will open your throat and salt will kill all the germs.
Read the full article here: Treating Pain and Nausea with Ginger
You can also use wheat bran to treat colds and coughs.
To make it :
- Boil 10 grams of wheat bran, five cloves, and some salt and mix it in water and make a decoction.
- Drinking a cup of this decoction will give you instant relief.
If there is also mucus with cough, then eat half a teaspoon of black pepper mixed with desi ghee. You will surely feel better after taking this.
Hot food intake
Eat hot soup, tea, and water. Avoid cold water, spicy food, etc. Taking hot liquid helps in treating cold and flu in a small time.
Clove-Basil and Black Salt Brew
This decoction is of great use in patients with cold-cough and bronchitis. Its use also provides a lot of relief in joint pain.
To make it:
- boil 10-15 basil leaves in two glasses of water on a low flame and grind it with 4-5 cloves.
- When this water is reduced to half by boiling, then filter it and drink it.
This increases the immune system of the body.
Boil the dry grapes in water and add some honey to it. Drink it in the morning and night will be very relaxing.
Using the above ingredients you will surely feel better. Remember to gargle with salt water as it relieves sore throat. Drink turmeric milk at night, drinking it will provide great relief.
If the problem persists for long then please visit your Family Doctor.